‘No Guilt’ Banana Pancakes
Posted: Oct 14 2014
This pancake stack is a wonderful wholesome breakfast idea that's super simple to make and will leave you feeling full, healthy & happy.
Image sourced: @pheebsfoods
-3/4 cup oats
-1 egg and 1 egg white
-1/4 cup natural or greek yoghurt
-1/3 of a banana
-1 tsp chia seed
-1 tsp maca root powder (optional)
-Almond milk until desired consistency
1. Blend oats in blender or food processor until they resemble flour.
2. Add eggs, yoghurt, chia seed, maca, banana and almond milk until desired consistency.
3. Blend until you have a smooth batter (you may have to stop and push the batter down the food processor or blender once or twice).
4. Pour batter into a pan with a little olive oil or coconut oil & cook your pancakes.
5. Add your favorite toppings and enjoy this delicious stack of pancakes!
Ours is topped with more banana, blueberries, crushed walnuts & 100% maypole syrup but feel free to get creative with your own toppings.
Note: As mentioned the maca powder is an optional ingredient but we personally add it to our pancakes because of the extensive list of health benefits. Some of these include:
-Helps to reduce aches and pains
-Increases memory and brain power
-Helps your body adapt to stress
-Improves sleep quality
-Contains anti-acne properties
-Reduces symptoms of PMS and menopause
-Strengthens hair and reduces hair loss
You can add maca powder to your smoothies and other recipes too, so if you see a bag of this at your grocery store, we highly recommend picking some up.